- Battle of the Books
- Upper grade competition. 8:15-9:15 for grades 5/6
- Battle of the Books intermediate competition. 9:15-10:15 for grades 3/4
- Parents of students participating in this years competition are welcome to attend and cheer on the team
Ms. Naval is retiring after a lifetime of educating students. She has a love of reading. Many of her former students return each year to let her know how much they love reading and to say thank you for helping them to gains love. She loves to teach science and to bring learning alive through themed units. Two of the students favorites are the Harry Potter time and her spy detective theme.
Mr. Greene has taught in multiple grade levels. During his lifetime in education he is always prepared and up for new challenges. He has a love of reading and math. Over the years one of the goals he has is to instill in his kids that reading is a tool that you can enjoy using for your entire life. He takes personal interest in each of his students and challenges them to reach stretch and become better individuals.
Both of these teachers will be missed at Cascade. Over the course of their careers they have each positively helped many students. As we approach the end of the year we will send out information on how to celebrate with each of them.
Cascade Family Night at Classic Skating
- Tuesday, February 21st from 5-9 pm
- Free admission to skate
- All rentals $3
- Unlimited activities for $5/person
- 60 arcade tokens for $5
- February 6 we will celebrate Chinese Lantern Festival.
- Parents are welcome to come and walk the halls this week with their kids.
- We will have thousands of lanterns hanging throughout the school.
- February 7 Book Fair in our Media Center. The book fair will be open during the following hours:
- February 7: Book Fair open from 2-3:30 pm
- February 8: Book Fair open from 7:30 am-8:00 am and 2-3:30 pm
- February 9: Book Fair open from 7:30 am-8:00 am and 2-7:30 pm
- February 9: Parent Teacher Conferences Parent Teacher Conferences on February 9, 2023.
- Teachers are sending progress reports home for your students. They will also be sending out sign up sheets for those parents who wish to discuss in further detail the progress of their students..
Ways to help bring extra funds to Cascade:
Each month we spotlight one of our teachers in a school assembly. Last month Brittany Maughan our PE teacher was our teacher who was spotlighted. Mrs. Maughn or as the students call her “Coach M” is always so positive and happy. She always greets the students with a big smile and kind words. Students can feel her love for them. She is passionate about what she teaches and provides fun and worthwhile lessons for all students and they are always excited to go to her class. She teaches our students how to play PE games and make it fun, n matter the ability level. We are lucky to have her here at Cascade!