This coming week is our first Parent Teacher Conference of the year. We appreciate each of you taking the time to work with your child’s teacher. Here are are few items that they may be talking to you about during the conferences.
- Being Positive
- Use conferences as a goal-setting opportunity
- Go over expectations
- Keep it simple
- Reviewing with you contact information
- Take notes of concerns
- Share their grade level connection goals
- Sharing with you how everyday attendance at school is a major factor in academic success
Our PTA is encouraging all parents to sign up for Amazon Smile. This is an app that you download for purchases that you make while using Amazon. This app allows you to designate a portion of your purchase to a charitable organization. Cascade PTA is on this list. All money generated from Amazon Smile will be used to fund teachers grants. The instructions to sign up are attached. Please take a moment to register for this. Also, if you are able to share the information on the app with friends and family. The cost of items you purchase stays the same, but a small percentage is donated to the school.
- School Counselor Newsletter
- Reflections entry deadline is October 2nd.
- 18th annual Carnival and Vintage car show, Jamestown
- Currently our student council is asking for boxed cereal. All cereal donated will be given to the local food pantry. End on September 23rd.
- PTA FunDrive. During the month of September bring your old clothes bagged up. These will be taken to Savers. Ends September 29th.
- Our Book Fair will be running during the week of Parent Teacher Conferences. Open Sept 12th-16th.
- The PTA is currently taking orders for school shirts. Due on Sept 16th
- School picture day is September 22nd.
- Envelopes for the Cougar Crawl Kickoff will be sent home on September 16th. The Cougar Crawl and Kite Festival will be held on the evening of September 27th.
Thank you for all you do to help our Cascade community,