We have started our end of year testing. Below are a few tips to help ease any anxiety your child may have.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of rest the night before the test.
- On the morning of the test make sure your child is not rushed. This will help them arrive at school calm and ready for the assessmentFeed your child a good breakfast. Research shows that children do better on in school when they have had a good breakfast.
- Reassure your child that the outcome on the test is not as important as simply doing their best while taking the test.
- Talk with them at the end of each day and ask how the day went. Ask specific questions let them know that you are proud of them for working hard and doing their best.
- If they fall short of what they would like to have done, make a plan for how to improve. Involve the child in making this plan so that they have ownership.